Prep time: 10 min
Total time: 25 min
- One 3-4lb whole sockeye salmon from your local Fisherman’s Market
- Olive oil
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Two whole preserved lemons, rinsed of excess salt, seeds removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Ground black pepper
- Combine all relish ingredients into a small bowl.
- Preheat your grill for indirect heat.
- Check to make sure the scales have been removed from the salmon’s skin. If scales remain, use the edge of a large spoon, scrape against the sides of the fish, in the direction of the tail to head, to remove any fish scales that may still be on the fish. (Best to work over a sink, as the scales tend to fly all over the place.) Rinse fish with cold water and pat dry.
- Stuff the salmon, tie up with kitchen string:
- Make 1-inch deep, diagonal cuts in the sides of the salmon, spaced 1.5 to 2 inches apart. Stuff the cuts well with relish. Stuff cavity with relish. (Note: if this uses up all of your relish, you may want to make another batch of it to serve alongside the fish).
- Squeeze some lemon juice over the fish. Rub olive oil generously all over the fish (this will help keep it from sticking to the grill grates).
- Tie up the fish with kitchen string, to help hold it together while grilling.
- Grill the salmon:
- When the grill is good and hot, oil the grill grates. (Use tongs to spread oil over the grates with a folded up and oil-soaked paper towel).
- Grill on indirect heat for 20, turning halfway. Try to keep the grill temperature at 350°F-375°F. Use a meat thermometer to test the fish, inserted into the deepest part. The fish is done when the internal temperature of the fish is 130°F.
- If the skin comes off when you flip the fish, or when you remove the salmon from the grill, don’t worry about it. Just peel it off before serving.
- Serve with remaining fresh relish.
Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function ‘excerpt_in_product_archives’ not found or invalid function name in /var/www/vhosts/nelsondesigncollective.com/fms.nelsondesigncollective.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 308
Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function ‘read_more’ not found or invalid function name in /var/www/vhosts/nelsondesigncollective.com/fms.nelsondesigncollective.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 308
Fisherman’s Market sockeye salmon is wild and sustainably caught in BC Skeena River. Our portions come boneless with the skin on. Sockeye is an excellent source of Omega 3’s, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, and Niacin. Sockeye has a deep, rich flavour with medium-sized buttery flakes.
Our Crew Packs are individually portioned, vacuum sealed, and blast frozen for your convenience.