Prep time: 20 min
Marinade time: 1 hour
Cook time: 15 min
- 4 x 5-6 oz arctic char fillets
- 4 small oranges, a mix is nice
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp minced chives
- 1 pinch flaky sea salt
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- ¼ cup Irish Whiskey
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees
- Supreme the citrus fruits, squeezing and reserving any juice left in the rinds. If you’re not sure how to supreme your citrus fruits, follow the below steps:
- Slice off the ends of each orange and the lemon. Squeeze the juice out of those ends into a medium bowl.
- Stand each piece of fruit on one of its cut sides. Run a knife down the side of each orange and the lemon to remove the skin.
- Squeeze the juice out of those skins into the bowl, then discard.
- Remove each citrus segment by running a knife down the side of each membrane and slicing the segment out. Drop it into the bowl of juice.
- Once all of the segments are removed, squeeze the remaining membranes into the bowl to extract the juice. You should be left with a bowl of beautiful segments swimming in a lot of juice. If this doesn’t make sense, watch this Youtube video.
- Pour one tablespoon of the juice from the bowl of citrus segments into a large bowl. Add the honey, 1 tbsp olive oil, Irish Whiskey and thyme then whisk to combine. Add the fillets of arctic char and toss to coat. Let marinate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, pour the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil into the bowl with the citrus segments. Add sea salt to taste. Stir to combine. Taste. It should taste similar to a salad dressing with perhaps less of a bite.
- Take a baking sheet lined with parchment. Remove fillets from marinade, Place the char fillets skin side down in the pan. Season the flesh with salt (and pepper, if you wish) to taste.
- Bake at 400° degrees for 12 minutes. Then turn oven to a broil for 3 minutes to crisp the top, be careful not to burn the flesh.
- Remove pan from oven and immediately transfer fillets to a serving platter. Spoon your citrus sauce over top.
Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function ‘excerpt_in_product_archives’ not found or invalid function name in /var/www/vhosts/nelsondesigncollective.com/fms.nelsondesigncollective.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 308
Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function ‘read_more’ not found or invalid function name in /var/www/vhosts/nelsondesigncollective.com/fms.nelsondesigncollective.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 308
Fisherman’s Market Arctic Char is sustainably and naturally harvested in Whitehorse, Yukon. Our portions are boneless and have the skin on. Icy waters Arctic Char is antibiotic and hormone-free, it is fatty fish with a mild, earthy flavour.
Our Crew Packs are individually portioned, vacuum sealed, and blast frozen for your convenience.