Prep time: 15 min
Marinade time: 12 hours
Cook time: 20 min
- 4 portions of Sablefish (150-200g each)
- 1/3 cup sake
- 1/3 cup white (shiro) miso paste
- 1/4 cup dark maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp soy sauce
- In a blender, combine the sake, miso paste, maple syrup and soy sauce until smooth.
- Place the sablefish fillets in a sealable bag and add the maple miso marinade. Ensure the fillets are fully covered and lay the bag and fillets flat on a plate. Remove as much air as possible by gently pressing down on the bag, then seal the bag and store in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
- When it’s time to cook, preheat the oven to 350°F, and a saute pan over medium heat. Once the pan is heated, add a small amount of oil to prevent sticking.
- Remove the fish from the marinade and gently wipe excess off with your fingers. Place the fish in the pan, flesh side down. Cook the fish for 4-5 min, then turn over and finish cooking in the over, skin side down, for an additional 4-5 min (this time is for fish that is approximately 3/4″ thick – be sure to adjust cooking times according to fillet size).
- While the fish is cooking in the oven, add the marinade from the bag into a saucepan (strain if any miso lumps did not get blended smooth) and reduce over medium/high heat for 3-5 min. Serve in a dish on the side.
Serve with roasted red potatoes and your favourite vegetable, and enjoy this decadent dish that proves extravagance can be easy.
Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function ‘excerpt_in_product_archives’ not found or invalid function name in /var/www/vhosts/nelsondesigncollective.com/fms.nelsondesigncollective.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 308
Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function ‘read_more’ not found or invalid function name in /var/www/vhosts/nelsondesigncollective.com/fms.nelsondesigncollective.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 308
Fisherman’s Market sablefish is wild and sustainably caught in British Columbia. Our portions are skin on and can contain pin bones. Sablefish is an excellent source of Omega 3’s and an assortment of other vitamins and minerals. Sablefish has a smooth velvety texture with large delicate flakes, it is rich and buttery with a mild finish.
Our Crew Packs are individually portioned, vacuum sealed, and blast frozen for your convenience.