Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 12 min
- 4 x6oz portions halibut, skin off, from your local Fisherman’s Market
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Few grinds of black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup white wine such as Chardonnay
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- Season halibut with salt and pepper on both sides and place fish in a medium-high heat pan with olive oil. Sear fish for 4 minutes each.
- Poke the fish to test for doneness or insert a small knife in the side of the centre to see if the fish flakes. You want to stop the cooking just before it fully cooks so a little undercooked in the centre is fine. It will continue to cook outside of the pan.
- Using one or two fish turners, remove the fish fillets to a platter
- Keep the heat at medium and add the garlic and cook for one minute. Add the wine and cook to evaporate. Then add the lemon juice, capers and parsley. Cook for a minute then remove from heat and stir in the 4 tablespoons of butter and stir to make the sauce.
- Put the fish back into the pan along with any liquid from the platter, bring the heat back to medium and use a spoon to spoon the sauce over the top and cook for 30 seconds then remove to a platter and serve.
Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function ‘excerpt_in_product_archives’ not found or invalid function name in /var/www/vhosts/nelsondesigncollective.com/fms.nelsondesigncollective.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 308
Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function ‘read_more’ not found or invalid function name in /var/www/vhosts/nelsondesigncollective.com/fms.nelsondesigncollective.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 308
Fisherman’s Market halibut is wild and sustainably caught in British Columbia. Halibut is a very lean protein and still a good source of Omega 3’s. Halibut is very mild with large delicate flakes, because of this it is the most sought-after fish on the west coast.
Our Crew Packs are individually portioned, vacuum sealed, and blast frozen for your convenience