Tuscan Pork Roast - 2lb.
This Tuscan pork roast is made with premium Sakura Farms pork. This succulent pork loin has great marbling and a nice fat cap that turns crispy and delicious. Simply put the roast in the oven and let it cook to perfection. Each case comes with two roasts and 4-5 servings each.
Sakura Farms pigs are vegetable-grain-fed. No animal bone meal is fed to the pigs. Ever. Their pigs happily nosh on barley, peas, wheat, soy, minerals, and vitamins. They are also raised without the use of Ractopamine, a beta-antagonist drug commonly used as an artificial feed additive to promote leanness in pigs and cattle. They grow their pigs in the traditional way. Period.
Their producers use antibiotics for therapeutic use only under the strict requirements of the Canadian Quality Assurance (CQA). They also use a long withdrawal period that goes above and beyond the guidelines set by Health Canada. This ensures that there are no regulatory traces of antibiotics found in any of our products.
*Contents of the case are all frozen. All weights are approximate.
Be sure the roast is fully thawed before cooking.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Transfer the roast to a baking dish or tray, preferably with a roasting rack to ensure more even cooking, and place it on the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- After 45 minutes or so, check on the roast. If the top is starting to get really brown, please cover the top with tin foil so it doesn’t burn. Cook for an additional 25-40 minutes. Use a thermometer to ensure the roast has an internal temperature of 145°F.
- When the roast is at the desired temperature, remove it from the oven, loosely tent the roast with aluminum foil and allow it to rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
- After resting, slice into ½ inch pieces.
OPTIONAL: It may look like a lot of seasoning, but it’s actually on the more mild side. If you like BIG flavour, feel free to add additional salt or your own seasonings, such as chilli flakes for a little spice – have fun and put your own twist on it!