Total time: 25 min
- 4 7-oz sablefish fillets from your local Fisherman’s Market
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 1/4 tsp hot chilli paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Steamed rice
- Whisk the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. DO THIS AHEAD OF TIME. This step can be done 1 day ahead, just cover and chill. Bring ginger sauce to room temperature before serving.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. While the oven is heating, mix together the hoisin sauce and chilli paste in another small bowl.
- Heat oil in a heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add sablefish, skin side up. Cook for 2 minutes, then turn sablefish over and spoon the hoisin mixture over fillets, dividing equally.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the fish is just opaque in the centre, about 10-12 minutes.
- Place 1 fillet in each of the 4 shallow soup bowls. Spoon ginger sauce around fish and serve with steamed rice.
Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function ‘excerpt_in_product_archives’ not found or invalid function name in /var/www/vhosts/nelsondesigncollective.com/fms.nelsondesigncollective.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 308
Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function ‘read_more’ not found or invalid function name in /var/www/vhosts/nelsondesigncollective.com/fms.nelsondesigncollective.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 308
Our Hokkaido Scallops are sustainably harvested from the Sea of Okhotsk off the coast of Hokkaido. These scallops are removed from the shell, individually frozen, and have 10/20 pcs per pound making them a medium-sized scallop.
Hokkaido scallops have a firm grain like that of a weathervane scallop. They sear to perfection and are a great alternative to Digby Scallops
Individually frozen and sold in 1lb units.