Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 2 min
- 2 x 6oz ahi tuna steaks from your local Fisherman’s Market
- ½ cup of sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp oil for frying (peanut, canola, vegetable)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pat the ahi tuna steaks dry and then lightly season them with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Place the sesame seeds on a flat plate, take the ahi tuna steaks and coat all sides in the sesame seeds.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil on medium-high heat until the oil slightly smokes.
- Place coated ahi tuna steaks in a pan and let sear for 30 seconds (or until golden) on each side.
- Let sit for 2 minutes then slice thinly and serve.
This recipe was created by Tyrone Gordon, Fisherman’s Market Burnaby store manager.