Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 stuffed sole roles from your local Fisherman’s Market
- 1 cup mushrooms (shitake or other)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 head of broccoli
- Swiss cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Saute mushrooms in 3 tbsp of oil until golden brown, then add garlic and cook until garlic is golden. Then add whipping cream and 2 tbsp of butter and simmer until thickened.
- In a separate pan, cook broccoli until tender and set aside.
- Using the broccoli pan, quickly sear the top and bottom of the stuffed sole, then remove from the pan and add to a baking dish that has been lightly greased with butter. Place the broccoli around the edges and cover the sole with the mushroom cream sauce and then place swiss cheese on top and bake at 400F for 10 minutes. Finish by placing under the broiler on high for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe was created by Tyrone Gordon, Fisherman’s Market Burnaby store manager.